Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Hormone City » To Hormone or not to Hormone?

To Hormone or not to Hormone?

Tags : None
  • This is the bet posting on hormones I have ever seen on any site!! Thank you so much!! Have a wonderful life!!
      June 14, 2002 4:47 PM BST
  • Hi Lisa,

Sweet of you to say so hon. Loved that pic of you at your keyboard! You can work in my office anytime!

Love

Irene
      June 16, 2002 9:28 PM BST
  • Thank you! I try hard to keep my girlish figure and would love a job that let me show it off!!
    :-)
      June 17, 2002 9:10 PM BST
  • Hi Lisa,

A job to show it off, I've thought about this myself.
    How about working bar at a tranny club.
    I've been looking for just such a job, nothing yet but i see light at the end of the tunnel:-)

Love

Irene
      July 2, 2002 9:04 PM BST
  • I used to think that all this stuff about consulting a therapist was rubbish, I have always felt like a girl, and when I decided to go on hormones I thought therapy was pointless because I knew it was what I really wanted.
    Problem is I was wrong, I have never been attracted to men at all and never considered ever having a relationship.
    Now my little rubber electric man is not enough anymore and I have developed an overwhelming desire for real sex, but whenever I look at men I just dont get turned on, unless I'm just staring at their crotch.
    Think its time for therapy.

July 8, 2002 1:15 AM BST
  • Hi Becky,

While I understand what you're on about, we've wandered alittle off the subject.

Men are only good for 2 things and 1 is lawn maintenance!

See a therapist that is familiar with transexulism and gender dysphoria. Speak about that first, otherwise you'll be fobbed off as just another repressed sausage jockey.
    If you mention sex at all in the first few interviews he'll diagnose you there and then.
    Beware of the crack pots and find reputable assisitance.

Take care of yourself,
    Love

Irene
      July 8, 2002 10:21 PM BST
  • Don't know about the rest but I have been using something called Remifemin which contains Black Cohash and I can get it from my Chemist without a perscription. One tablet contains 20mg and I'm not sure how much I am supposed to take to I take 20 of them a day making it 400mg.
    Development was fast initially and I can fill out an A cup easily and don't look too bad in a B cup, with a thin sock  ;D I also made my own breast pump which is quite a novelty to use, spend ages pumping   :P
    I also found a site where I can order premarin without a perscription, considering taking that too.
      July 11, 2002 8:39 PM BST
  • Hi Jolyn,

Sadly this may be down to your own development. Most women have one breast slightly smaller than the other. Just as your feet and hands may have slight differences in size. Most of the girls I've know find that the hormones don't give them the breast size they've always wanted and take the augmentation route after a few years of hormone therapy.
    During the procedure any little size differences can be altered for that balanced appearance.

Love

Irene
      July 11, 2002 10:36 PM BST

• Does anyone have an idear what the most inexpensive way to enhance my breasts and still have male erections?Can I use a breast pump,breast cream and herbals?
    if you fid out let me know.
      July 11, 2002 11:14 PM BST

• Does anyone have an idear what the most inexpensive way to enhance my breasts and still have male erections?Can I use a breast pump,breast cream and herbals?
    let me know when you have the answer... ;)
      July 11, 2002 11:37 PM BST
  • As to that question, herbals and breast pump, Maybe!
    Breast cream, would that be the stuff bought at a famous tranny chain store? If yes then no! The products they sell, are completely bogus. The hormone bubble bath makes me laugh the most. Stephanie Anne Loyld should be ashamed of herself..........

Irene
      July 12, 2002 11:49 PM BST
  • so you sayin that the place with the manchester head office sells placebos (good group by the way) cos if they do, they not being true to themselves and should burn in the fires of hell. (gothic sentiment is not my strongpoint, but the look? mmmm maybe?) anyway, is the only option electrolysis??? and prescription hormones or what. loads of people are confused, and lots find it hard to pay for stuff. maybe there is a solution somewhere we can all embrace, and make our own, and then again maybe the system is simply in place to take our momey, all of it if they can, and then tell us that we are outcast after theyve taken it all away. i love to rant when i in the right frame of mind (sober). i'll stop this monologue for now...
      July 13, 2002 9:35 PM BST

• We as trannys are a niche market, this means we get to pay over the odds for loads of stuff. The tranny chain store was the first to start ripping us off for products that are mostly un-tested, and of dubious quality.
    If you have a dark beard check out laser hair removal, if you're fair........it's the superhot needles for you....

Irene
      July 14, 2002 3:19 PM BST

• I started this post about a year ago, when I'd first started experimenting.
    After all the herbals I've tried and used for the year.....hardly any change at all!
    I think your body starts to build up defences against the herbals and stops the effects.
    Not that I want to change anyway, well not completely just sometimes!
      August 11, 2002 2:53 PM BST
  • As I've said before, I've got a lot of homework to do, but I appreciate hearing about the experiences the rest of you have had with herbals. It sounds as though herbals are not the way to go if you've made up your mind to have permanent changes, and that you'd be better off putting your money into real hormones. Is that an accurate conclusion on my part? I have yet to make that determination for myself, so herbals might be fine, for me.

Black Cohosh has been recommended to me from several sources. So, Irene, did the Black Cohosh alone lower your sex drive (your post of 10/31/2001) or were you using other things at the time?
      August 11, 2002 5:57 PM BST
  • I started on a very intense herbal regime about 18 months ago - then added chemical horomones about a year ago and have been taking them without medical supervision for year.  However I did do a bit of research.

http://lisbeth.freeservers.com/herbal.html#cohash - is the best advice I have found on herbals - I followed her recommendations almost exactly - achieve quite a lot of development - about an A cup - though I was a bit overweight anyway - it was enough that my exgirl friend noticed it and commented after 6 months.

http://www.annelawrence.com/hormoneindex.html - This is the best advise on Hormones - Ann Lawrence is a TS medical practitioner - I am using Estraderm TTS100 patches - I was taking Spironolactone - but have stopped for a while -

I will be getting medical supervision shortly - I have been on this long enough now that I have permenent and noticeable changes - I shall not be able to go topless again - I still get erections still have an active monosex life - But I never had a big sex drive anyway and definately a more female approach to sex than a male one.

My hips are now quite a lot bigger, and my breasts are a good AA to B - Enough that I now use a Gel Bra or an ordinarly bra with Chicken fillets - I don't need full breast forms any more - infact that are difficult to use because of my own development.

Luv and Huggs Rikki xxx Proud to be Transgender
      August 11, 2002 11:01 PM BST
  • Thank you for the links! I took a quick peek at those sites, and I'll study them later tonight. So, Rikki, your hips really showed that much progress after 18 months? Those are encouraging results. It's amazing, how much there is to learn about this... http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fashionlab/Images/Smileys/Stevie02.gif
      August 11, 2002 11:17 PM BST
  • I´m on my fifth day on swiss natural estrogens and I never felt so relaxed and happy in my life. This is the path I want to go, wherever it will lead me...

hugs

Laura
      August 12, 2002 10:48 AM BST
  • 5 days and you're calm and serene.....
    Nice, but the mood swings will start honey. Sometimes you'll cry for no reason. Sometimes you'll just make others cry!
    As your body makes more male hormones to compenstae for the excess female ones. This is why doctors prescribe an anti-testerone. To modify the build up of the nasty aggresive hormones......
    Let us know...
      August 15, 2002 9:41 PM BST
  • "nasty aggressive hormones"  http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fashionlab/Images/Smileys/Laugh01.gif
      August 16, 2002 3:04 AM BST

• Yeah, they're what make you handy in a bar fight, rugby scrum etc.
      August 16, 2002 8:57 PM BST
  • Fortunately, I've been able to avoid bar fights (I'm not messing up my nail polish unless it's a life or death situation).
      August 17, 2002 5:31 AM BST

• Sometimes there's just no backing out.......Especially if she's wearing the same dress!
      August 17, 2002 7:15 PM BST
  • Yes, I suppose that does qualify as "life or death."
      August 18, 2002 8:10 AM BST
  • After a few years of thinking about it, and a lot of research during the last month or so (and talking to females and trannies), I finally started taking herbals tonight!

I'm using:

Black Cohosh Root,
    Wild Yam,
    Vitex, and
    Pregnenolone.

I'm also taking my usual multi-vitamin (which includes 100 IUs of vitamin E per day).

Plus I'm taking Propecia (1 mg of finasteride per day) and I've been using that for just over a year, now. That serves as the testosterone blocker. It's been only a year, but I haven't noticed any negative side effects.
      September 7, 2002 6:59 AM BST